GAME BRAINSTORM

(my brain storm for game ideas) 

The first game idea that I came up with is a racing game, it felt like a rather good idea since so far the only tutorial we have done in unity involved cars, where you as the player will take control of a car and have to race along the track in the limited amount of time the is given to you by me and you get a point for each lap that you complete in the given time. I got the idea to do a racing game after seeing a walk through of Mario Kart on YouTube so the style will be similar but much more simple due to my inexperience with unity. For my layout I was thinking, since it was inspired by Mario Kart and they are known for their crazy and odd environments, the background for the game would be outer space and if possible have the track going around the sun. As for the track its self I figured that I would make a relatively standard race track with it starting off with a few different obstacles like crates and a few barrels that can be easily driven through and a few that you will have to dodge like rocks, after that I might have the track zig zag and give it a few ramps and in between are large pits in the track so if you don't make the jump you fail and have to start all over again and as far as style I was thinking of a of a cartoon bobble head style.

(poster of Mario Kart link to hear)

The second idea I had for a video game was a type of maze where you play a man who has just been shrunk down to the size of a mouse by a shrink ray and has to traverse the room to get to the top of the table in order to reach the shrink ray so that you can get big again. I got the idea after watching the games "I am bread" and "I am fish", in I am bread you played as a slice of bread trying to get from one end of the room to the other without touching the ground because if you stayed there to long you would go stale and moldy, and have to start all over again. In I am fish is vary similar you played as a gold fish in a hamster ball or or bucket on wheels and try to get to the nearest pond or ocean usually by navigating the sewer pipes and trying not to fall out of you container. For my game the player would start of on the floor and have to make there way up to the top of the counter using the presses and once on top would cross a make shift bridge to the table where the shrink ray button is, then make there way back down from the table and on to a platform where the game then ends as for design style I was thinking, if possible a cartoon style with a player having a big head and small body.  

(poster of "I am fish" link to hear )

My third idea that I had for a video game is a simple point A to point B type of game where you simply have to travel from where you , the player, start from all the way to the other end. I got the idea from watching walk troughs of old video games like super Mario and sonic the hedgehog where you started off at one end of the map an had to get to the other side all the while trying to get past enemy's and obstacles. The main idea for this game is that the player is a person who lives in a hut out in the woods and is on their way back home from collecting materiel's such as fire wood and food. Along the way the player will have to clime ledges, use turned over trees as make shift bridges to cross rivers, crawling through tunnels and jumping over gaps and of course enemies like wolves and bares will cross your path but they can be easily killed by jumping on top of them Mario style and the finale part of the game would be a simple climb up a steep slope and once you enter the hut the game is won but if you die at any point then you will have to start all the way back at the begining and try again until you win.

(image of old super Mario bros game link to hear)

My fourth and finale video game idea  is actually the same type as the one before, a point A to point B game but the basic plot and story is different from the one before it. In this game you the player are a treasure hunter who is looking for rare and exotic artifacts in ancients tombs and temples around the world. I got this idea for a game after watching an "Indiana Jones raiders of the lost ark". In this game you the player will start at the entrance of a temple and have to make there way through the halls to the main treasure room where all the valuables are kept, all the while avoiding traps like pits, spikes and swinging blades and making sure not to get turned around when the path splits going in all different directions some paths will dead end and some will be short cuts , as well as killing giant spiders but they can be killed Mario style by jumping on top of them and you can also collect some small tokens along the way but that part is optional. When you have finally reached the main room you win the game however like in the game before if you die you have to start all over again at the beginning and try again. As far as style I was thinking of making it look like a cartoon like animal crossing but it will all depends on my resources and whats free in the unity store.  

(image of game app tomb runner link to hear)

Comments

  1. Hey Bernard, me again, I really like these ideas that you have come up with in making your game. The brainstorm mind map that you gave at the start of the blog really helped me visualize what routes you would love to go down for your game. I am with you there man on making a maze game cause I also want to make one too. Best of luck mate!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First playable

INTRODUCTIONS

Alpha