prototype

The prototype of my game,"Shrunk" is going well, I was able to find premade furniture in the asset store that was free as well as textures so it made my life much easier when it came to making the environment for my game, a lab. I have also managed to acquire a character model to use for the player to control. Nothing has fallen through the floor yet so I am hope full that I will not experience any problems while making my game but unity can be vary tricky. I well be taking pits a pieces from past tutorials in order to make this work. However I have bean having some problems with the lighting but I believe I have fixed it. I also feel I will have to abandon a few of aspects like the coin collection in order to focuses on the core macanices of the game such as jumping and triggers but I am hoping to keep the timer.

I have bean looking through videos on YouTube on gravity and mass colliders and the past tutorials to help me with the scripts.

In short all the pieces have bean made now I just have to make them work together smoothly.


(hear is a screen shot of what I have so far)


(screen shot of the player )


Comments

  1. Wow Bernard, good job overall. For the prototype I'd say you're doing really well. You already have the needed assets and your person is indeed shrunken. It seems like you only have to add the obstacles and maybe other things you might be looking to input. What will your objects look like? Will you be using big versions of normal things ? I'm looking forward to seeing the final product and what the gameplay will be like. I also noticed you might be following a science theme? Is it maybe like Honey I shrunk the kids? That seems very interesting and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bernard really cool progress that you have here on your game. Looks like its turning out exactly the way you wanted it to and that is really great work. Wow adding them images really helped me visualize the scale that your looking for and that's really cool. I wonder if you added a list on the end of every blog post of what you are going to do in the next weeks projects task, would help visualize what we are going to be seeing next week. Also, what if you added a video at the end of each weeks task showing your progress, it could be a very small video but will help your viewers visualize the development even more. Overall great work and can't wait to see the continuation of the development!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bernard! I can see that you have made a really good start to creating your game! It looks like both of our game ideas have something in common! The player will also be little in my game too. The asset store is so useful in finding premade objects so i'm glad you were able to find something useful for your game. Looking back on past tutorials we have done is a really smart idea and something I will definitely be doing. Good job on finding your own resources and tutorials to help with building your game too, I'm looking forward to seeing the results!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First playable

INTRODUCTIONS

Alpha