First playable


I have made significant progress in the development of my game. I have attracted the camera to the player characters as a child object in order to make the camera fallow my player when he moves and turns. However I have bean having trouble with jumping, I was fallowing the instructions from a tutorial  5 but for some reason when testing it I was only able to jump once and was not able to do it again. I and also not sure how to add the triggers to the button and the X platform as you need to interact with them to win to show that the game is won or not. However I am looking into the problem. 

I have also managed to add an animation to the button so that the red cylinder to go down when the player triggered with its box collider.  

(before trigger)

(after trigger)

link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS4k_lwmZHk&ab_channel=SpeedTutor




Comments

  1. Hi Bernard, Well done on your progress, your game looks great! I am making some good progress on mine too. I also used the tutorials we did to help me make my own game, they are very handy.
    How did you make your character? he looks cool. He reminds me of Wii avatars. Will there be music in your game? Have you tried looking up tutorials on youtube to help with your jumping issue? Youtube is the go to for me, lot of great content there that teaches about unity. Well done again and I look forward to see your final product. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the character was a free asset I found in asset store

      Delete
  2. Hi Bernard , just wanna say well done on your progress , i think this is great and what you have going on here is insane. I really want to see what you finish this project with. I'd love to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bernard!! Really great progress I see here with you game, Great to see that you are getting the scaling of your game on point, seen that your having trouble with the jumping mechanic in your game, I would recommend looking at YouTube instead of the Unity Tutorials because it may be a bit more specific to the type of game that you are creating, overall really good progress here and keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Bernard!! Pretty fantastic improvements I can see for you've made to your game. The unity tutorials are very specific and i would definitely recommend looking up solutions on YouTube it has way better options when it comes to tutorials. i really like the style of your game i think it has great potential in terms of looks and game play mechanics. Overall wishing you the best of luck in the development of year game and a look forward to seeing your process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bernard,
    This is really good work, I can see you are doing exactly what you planned to do and things are looking to only get better at this point as you made a great start on your game after all the little challenges you faced. I wish you best of luck and looking forward to see what your game is like when completed.
    -Abdi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

INTRODUCTIONS

Alpha