My Favorite Game : Red Dead Redemption 2 (SPOILERS)

                                              GAME REVIEW : RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 

When I was asked what my favorite video games was it was hard to pick just one, however after I gave it some thought I decided that Red Dead Redemption 2 was my favorite game to play and i'm going to explain why. 


                                                                     THE WORLD
(image of the world map link to website)

One of the first things I noticed about the game was just how big the world is, but that's not what made it so impressive its was how much stuff was in that world. Every time I played I would always discover some new side mission ,activity or landmark hidden all over the place each one more interesting then the last, for example the viking burial site in Roanoke Ridge where you can get a viking helmet and hatchet. There are so many that even after 2 years i'm still finding new things in this amazing open world. 


                                                                    THE STORY 
                                    (image of the Red Dead Redemption 2 logo link to website) 

The story of red dead redemption 2 is, I feel, a masterpiece, I enjoined every moment of it of it watching the notorious Van der Linde gang feel the town of Blackwater after a botched river boat robbery while being chased buy the Pinkerton's and the law relentlessly, losing members of there family and seeing there leader Dutch slip closer and closer into madness and paranoia all from the point of view of his chief enforcer Arthur Morgan are main protagonist. Its not just the main story that is amazing the side missions are all very well written too, one of my favorites is "The Veteran" story line where we meet a one legged veteran from the american civil war now a hunter living in the woods, over time I began to really like this character and I was sad when he died.


                                                                THE CHARACTERS 
                                           (black and white photo of the gang link to website)

The world is full of well written characters, not just the main characters like Arthur, John, Dutch and Charles to name a few but even the normal NPC's have interesting backstory's if you pay attention. I loved Arthur. I loved how at the start of the game all he cared about was loyalty to the gang but as the story goes on gets disillusioned and now wants to get as many people as he can out of the gang and harms way before Dutch gets any more of them killed and when he finally dies I was legitimately sad this game made me care about every single character.


                                                                           CRITIQUES 
However there are aspects of the game I did not enjoy one was how are protagonist needed constant maintenance meaning if he was not fed often he would lose some of his health and stamina which meant I had to go hunting for food which became very tedious very quickly, now don't get me wrong I liked that it was realistic I just feel it was too realistic. Another problem I had was with the ending I felt that they just used a recycled version of the ending of Red Dead Redemption 1, in the first game when John dies we take control of his son a few years later and kill the man who killed  John, in 2 when Arthur dies we take control of john a few years later and kill the man who killed Arthur, but despite that I love playing this game and highly recommend it.


   

Comments

  1. Hey Bernard, really cool blog here buddy on what your favorite game is, Red dead redemption is a really cool game, have played it myself and almost completed the storyline on it, had so much fun. Also very interesting critiques that you gave in this blog, good to hear what others think of the game. I do agree with all the critiques that you gave about sometimes the game can become very tedious. Really great blog though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First playable

INTRODUCTIONS

Alpha