Game Idea Research

After giving it much thought I decided that moving forward I would go with my second idea that was based on the games "I am Bread" and "I am Fish" where you play as a person who has been shrunk down and has to climb up to the table to the shrink ray in order to get back to normal size. Now I just need to find out how to make the game work luckily the Unity tutorials I did for week 3 and week 4 have all ready shown me how to make my character move and how to control them but for this game to really work I also need to find out how to make my character jump in order for them to get around some of the obstacle that I have in mind fortuitously I have found a video on YouTube that showed how to add it to my C#script. Unlike in I am bread where you controlled individual corners of the bread in mine you will just be the full body as it seems too awkward to do. However another problem I have is due to only using pre made environments so far, I have yet to learn how to make one of my own but I have found instructions on the internet that tell me how to do just that thought I would prefer if it came with a video. I am hopeful that I can pull this game off as I am trying to make it as simple as posable but still make it visually pleasing to play.

(Image of game play from "I am Fish" link to hear)

Sources

Comments

  1. Hey Bernard, hope your well really cool blog you got here. I really like how you decided to base your game off a game that already exists on the market. I am bread is a really fun game. I also like the fact that you said that the unity tutorials will help you a lot throughout this process, that's what they are there for. Did you consider looking at how you're going to do the scaling of objects, I am sure that there are plenty of videos out there that can help you do this task. This will be quite difficult however because you want it to look like everything is bigger than the character. One thing I would consider adding is what is the goal for your game? It would be nice to know if this game will be like a campaign or just quests, I am curious to see how you will want to do this, personally I think having a storyline would be easier for the creation of your game. Overall it was enjoyable to read, best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bernard, Its Ellen. I really like your game idea it reminds me of that movie 'Honey I shrunk the kids" which is a great movie. I cant wait to see how it comes out!! Im glad you where able to take something from the unity tutorials that you can implement into your game that is going to make things a lot easier for you. Cant wait to see how it comes out !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First playable

INTRODUCTIONS

Alpha