Week 9 Reading and Writing

Looking back at all the reading I have done these past few week I find that it has taught me many things not just how to make an academic paper, but also about feedback and different aspects of making a game.

 In week 3 I learned about the definition of what a game and showed how many people had different options on that, and how to describe a game using critical vocabulary. It also taught me different methods of coming up with an idea for a game such as Concentration, Brainstorming, S.C.A.M.P.E.R and Ramsey. 

In week 4 I learned the recurring themes of games such as "games have rules, conflict, goals, decision-making, and an uncertain outcome" as well as the Atomic Elements such as Player, Objectives, Rules, Resources and Resource Management to name a few. I also learned what "game design" means to different people to some it means "emotion engineering" while others think that “everything that goes into a game is more or less game design" it was it that weeks reading I also learned the important of making prototyping ether out of paper or on a computer.

In week 5 I learned the importance of Mechanic, Dynamics and Aesthetics or MDA and how it is the bridge that separates design from development I also learned about the new and improved version witch is DDE which stands for Design, Dynamic and Experience with does not relay change much except adding a few new aspects to what each set has.

Week 6 taught me what GDD or Game Design Document was and why it was beneficial to make one in other to communicate with a team and keep track of what you want in your game. It also showed me how to make a GDD and what to put in it such what the core mechanics of my game will be.

All this has helped men in both preparing for my game such as DDE's and GDD's and gave me ideas about what to put into my game when making it. These papers helped me form a clearer picture of what kind of game I want to make.

(screenshot of the first reading)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First playable

INTRODUCTIONS

Alpha